Portable dog fences are commonly known as “Kennels” and they come in several kinds of models, from chain link fences to plastic carriers.
A kennel must always be comfortable for your pets. The size of the kennel is an essential consideration. Big dogs like Labradors and German Shepherds need more space than smaller dogs. Kennels must be tall enough to allow them to stand and wide enough to provide room for them to lay or sit in. If you are bringing your dog for a plane ride, the kennel must be in the right size acceptable to airline guidelines. The unit must be as lightweight as possible; otherwise, you will pay more for the extra pounds.
There are many kinds of portable kennels for dogs, the classic kennel cabs (especially designed when traveling by air), soft collapsible kennels for short travels, and even large portable dog run kennels.
A dog crate is usually refered to kennels designed for carrying dogs when travelling long distances. Some of them have the similar construction of a cage, some others are made of durable, lightweight, water-resistant plastic. Normally, the latter ones are used for carrying dogs when traveling on airplanes, but not all of them are “Airline Approved“. At Dog Kennels you can check several models of airline approved portable crates and kennels.
This portable dog fence allows your dog outdoor time without the worry of animals and other outdoor dangers. The 6 panels are coated in a silver crackle finish and are easily removed and added, allowing you to choose the size of the kennel. Panels can also be set up in a variety of configurations, so you can use the Courtyard Kennel as an outdoor dog run, an indoor exercise pen, or an outdoor pen in various shapes.
- Use as an outdoor dog run or an indoor pen
- Durable, rust-resistant galvanized steel
- Built-in gate for easy access
- Corner stakes secure kennel to the ground
- Assembles in minutes – no tools necessary
- Disassembles in flat panels for easy storage
- Panels are easily removed to adjust size and shape
- Includes 6 panels, 36″W x 38″H each
Portable dog fences make use of electric wireless fence technology. The wireless feature is what makes these fences portable. There is no wire to be laid underground and so you can take your wireless transmitter, receiver and collar with you anywhere you go to create a safe perimeter for your pet to play.
There are some key points to take under consideration when choosing a fence that you can take with you. Some of these include:
Your wireless fence can be shaped into any desirable shape. This is helpful when you want a fence to follow the outline of a yard.
Most of these portable dog fences can use up to a 100-foot radius, thus giving your dog enough room to roam. If this is not enough, you can purchase several transmitters and set them to overlap so that you can create a larger boundary.
- Very large dogs may not find the signal strong enough to deter them from their mischief.
- Very active or disobedient dogs also may not be contained without extensive and difficult training.
- When you choose portable dog fences, you are basically choosing a wireless electric fence that you can carry with you.
Originally posted 2012-01-05 07:38:24.